In many industries clutches are used to ensure smooth transmission of mechanical power. Conventional mechanical clutches create many problems in progressive automation of Industries. Electromagnetic clutches are designed to suit any automatic machines. Electrical operation of clutch makes possible push button control of a machine from one or several points & from near or remote plates. Electromagnetic Brakes stop the motor or machine Instantaneously or within desired time.
Application & Scope
These clutches are used for smooth starting of machines. They are more used in machine tools as they are very compact in size. Besides machine toots they also have an application in various types of machines such as; Textile machinery, printing machines, plastic Machines, Multi speed gear boxes & various other machines.
- Eliminates wear & tear of starters & contact points.
- Motor need not take heavy current while starting as it starts, with no load condition.
- Low starting torque & less HP motors can be used.
- One motor can drive different mechanisms simultaneously or individually, through number of clutches.
- Clutches & Brakes work on 24 v.D.C. with low wattage. We also supply Transformer
- Rectifier unit where D.C.Voltage is not available.
- We also supply Spring loaded Carbon brush holder to supply power to the slipring of the clutch.
- Magnet body with plated coil.
- Internal & external plates of hardened steel.
- Armature plate is of low carbon steel & its outer dia is formed with threads & threaded ring is provided of the same for adjustment, of air Gaps.
- The cup is made of steel & its fingers are case hardened.