- Griffonia Seed and 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan),the magic seed from African folk medicine not only play as effective replacement for tryptophan,but more.
- The benefits of 5-HTP are virtually the same as those of tryptophan.
- The support of feelings of well-being, calm, serenity, relaxation,and concentration. Natural anti-depressant effects. Augments light therapy for depression.
- A natural sleep aid. An anti-anxiety agent. Helpful in agitated or mild manic states.
- May inhibit aggressive behavior.
- Reduces carbohydrate cravings, thus aiding blood sugar control and weight loss.
- Reduces symptoms of PMS. With fibromyalgia, reduces the number of tender points, anxiety, pain intensity and improves quality of sleep.
- Aids in general chronic pain syndromes. Equivalency to tryptophan: 500 mg tryptophan equals 100 mg 5-HTP.